– What Has Worked During the Pandemic?
The Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to adapt to these challenging times. Every business is dealing with the disruption caused by COVID-19. A few strategies and ideas have benefitted other organizations that we are putting forth for you to consider.
2021 is both a year of hope, but also uncertainty. What you do now affect your organization’s future. Here are a few takeaways that may support what you are doing to weather the current situation.
We have combined tips, suggestions, and strategies from numerous sources. By making our approach a checklist, you can determine if you have overlooked ideas that you can use now to make your business in the future more prosperous.
Checklist for Preparing for Post-Crisis Business Growth
Maintaining a positive cash flow position. Are you:
- Managing your cash in real-time with online accounting?
- Calculating your inflows (cash into your business) & outflows (your bills) weekly four weeks out?
- Reviewing your outstanding invoices for potential discounts for early payments to keep money in the bank?
- Using electronic invoicing?
- Facilitating payments by accepting credit cards or online payments?
- Paying your bills online, exclusively?
Knowing your customers. Are you:
- Surveying your customers, so you know what they like about your company?
- Offering rewards for customer or employee ideas to improve your products/services?
- Doing “Go Live” events to interest your customers?
- Presenting your Covid-19 adaptations as new options?
- Communicating consistently on social media platforms?
- Reaching customers where they are?
- Collecting customer data and using it to further your ability to reach them?
- Ensuring that everyone who interacts with customers is on the same page providing a timely and positive customer experience?
Telling your business story.
- Who are you, and what are your values?
- What is the purpose of your business, or what problem are you trying to solve?
- What is your relationship with your customers?
- How do you interact with them?
Preparing for more uncertainty. Are you:
- Knowing your current employees’ levels of satisfaction?
- Asking for financial assistance from your government?
- Keeping up with changes in your industry?
- Understanding what your competition is doing?
- Assessing inefficiencies to determine automation possibilities?
- Planning scenarios for economic changes, both good and bad?
Sharing your kindness and understanding. Are you:
- Adapting to address your business relationships’ difficulties and challenges during the pandemic with your suppliers and employees?
- Emphasizing “We are stronger together” when speaking with your business network?
- Being kind to yourself as you lead your business through this turmoil?
- Sending thank-you notes to suppliers for on-time deliveries or customers making large orders?
- Announcing your gratitude for “job well-done” in meetings with suppliers and employees?
- Tackling issues as they occur?
- Being a cheerleader for your employees?
- Listening to suppliers, employees, and customers?
Networking with your peers. Are you:
- Networking with other businesses?
- Using LinkedIn to develop your professional network?
- Remaining current about your industry, startups in your industry, or your competition?
Celebrating your successes. Are you:
- Setting sales goals to gain a clear focus of your team?
- Sharing achievements each week to be positive and keep morale high?
- Celebrating your successes with suppliers, employees, and customers?
Investing in everyone’s health and wellness. Are you:
- Reviewing benefits for emphasis on wellness and potential activities for you and your employees?
- Engaging with your employees for happier and healthier people.
Be thankful. You have managed to sustain your business through a year of uncertainty and crisis. Nothing beats gratitude as a means of boosting our spirits — especially during a difficult time. And do what is memorable. People who feel you are grateful for their help are more inclined to do their best, again and again.
Plan! Adapt! Manage! Succeed!
You propose, we listen. AccuComp welcomes businesses looking for experts in their collaborators.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are all in this together!